Torridge & West Devon Conservatives -

Join our mailing list

Search this site

Join Party

 Home: Section Home | Privacy Policy | Get a postal vote

[image]Postal & Overseas Votes

If you will be away on polling day, at work or on holiday, are physically unable or just don't have the time to get to a polling station to vote in person, you can still exercise your democratic right to vote. You may have moved house since the electoral register was drawn up and have not yet joined the register at your new address.  For your convenience, you now have the right to vote by post.  New arrangements allow anyone who is on the Register of Electors to apply for a postal vote at any election.  Different rules apply in Northern Ireland.

You can ask for a one-off postal vote in advance of any election.  Alternatively, you can ask for an automatic postal vote on a permanent basis or for a set period.

You can choose either to vote by post or to appoint someone else - a proxy - to vote on your behalf.

To find out more about voting by post, please visit the Government's official site at:

From this site, you can also download an application form to vote by post.

Simply print the form out, complete the details and send it to the local Electoral Registration Officer at the local council's offices.  If you have any tricky questions relating to Postal Votes these can also be addressed to the Local Council's offices.

Council name: Torridge District Council
Council address: Riverbank House, Bideford EX39 2QG
Council telephone number: 01237 428700
Council website:

Conservative Absent Votes Coordinator: Mrs Peggy Maughan 01237 473184

Council name: West Devon Borough Council
Council address: Kilworthy Park, Drake Road, Tavistock PL19 0BZ
Council telephone number: 01822 813600
Council website:

Conservative Absent Votes Coordinator: Miss Joan Childs 01837 861594

Register to vote. 

Also remember if you are not registered to vote, you can now register to vote throughout the year. If you would like further details on rolling registration please visit

Overseas Voters
If you are permanently resident abroad and retain UK citizenship, you may register to vote by proxy in the last Parliamentary Constituency you were resident in for up to 15 years after you were last registered - if this was Torridge and West Devon, we can help you reclaim your vote

Please print out and fill in this form and send it to:

Torridge and West Devon Conservative Association
Bridge House, Fore Street, Okehampton, Devon EX20 1DL
United Kingdom

Overseas votes are done by proxy. We are able to arrange a proxy voter for you to ensure that your vote goes to the Conservatives if you would like us to. Remember you will have to renew annually in December, though thanks to Rolling Registration you may be able to renew later if you forget.


Accessible Version

Promoted by Mark Slater on behalf of Torridge & West Devon Conservatives both at Bridge House Fore Street Okehampton Devon EX20 1DL